Work Assessment (Ontario Works)
PCAS Inc. provides individualized, work-oriented programs designed to assess an individual’s best vocational option.
- Progressively improve strength, endurance, level of productivity, and work capacity
- Individualized vocational counselling
- Upgraded computer and other marketable skills
- Essential skills development
- Preparation for competitive employment or supporting documentation for an Ontario Disability application
Controlled Work Environments
- Light industrial
- Computer, Customer Service & Office Services
Audience & Who We Serve: Ontario Works Recipients
This program is for individuals who are receiving support from Ontario Works.
Participants are provided with:
- Current work experience
- An opportunity to develop physical and emotional stamina to progress toward employment
- Ways to overcome identified barriers to employment
- An opportunity to develop competitive work habits, i.e. punctuality, attendance, response to supervision, getting along with peers/co-workers and an ability to problem solve and work independently
- Increased self-esteem and independence
All referrals must be initiated by your Caseworker. Please speak with your Caseworker if you are interested in participating in this program.