PCAS Inc. provides help for Newcomers to indentify and resolve settlement issues which may pose as barriers to employment. We then facilitate a move towards viable employment.
Services are provided in: English, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, and other languages as required.
- Help clients to identify vocational skills and interest areas based on individual strengths and limitations
- Assess their level of employability
- Explore career possibilities and opportunities
- Help Newcomers achieve a greater level of sufficiency
- Develop positive attitude/tools to deal with, and overcome barriers to employment
- Prepare for successful integration into Canadian culture
- Introduce clients to the Canadian work culture
Audience & Who We Serve: Newcomers to Canada
This program is government funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and is available free of charge to:
- Landed Immigrants/Permanent Residents
- Conventional Refugees
- Live-in Caregivers
Participants are provided with:
- Referrals to other community services if necessary
- Current labour market information
- Resumé and cover letter writing as well as interview and job search skills
- Ways to overcome identified barriers to employment
- Increased self-esteem and independence
- Access to FREE workshops
If you would like to book an appointment to meet with a Settlement Counsellor, please call 905.670.1967 or click on the referral form below and mail, fax, or e-mail the completed form.
*Walk-in appointments are accomodated when time permits*
Settlement Services Intake Department
Peel Career Assessment Services Inc.
975 Meyerside Drive, Mississauga, ON L5T 1P9
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – ensure that your subject line reads “NEW SETTLEMENT REFERRAL”
REFERRAL FORM (Please note this is a legal size form): Settlement Services Registration Form